Monday, July 12, 2010

SCORE !!!

Back in March I asked my fellow fur-ends to join me in signing a petition to help save a program that allows shelters to offer spay/neuter surgeries for pets of low-income residents. Originally these funds came from $3 that were set aside from pet licensing fees collected but Gov. Petterson wanted to allow local governments to use the money for whatever they needed even if it had nothing to do with animal welfare. Well our woofs and meows have been heard because the program has been reinstated. 
I'm glad to have been able to put my pawprint on a few emails, letters, faxes and petitions to Patterson (with the help of mom and dad of course).


ASPCA Victory !

4 comments:

  1. What Great News! That is a wonderful program thanks for helping to get it reinstated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! Those types of programs are so badly needed to help control pet over-population. It's great to know that voices can be heard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad it was successful! It really pays off a lot in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is fabulous. great work on your part for spreading the word!!

    ReplyDelete