Sunday, July 4, 2010

Frankie's 4th of July Name Game

Frankie Furter is starting a revolution by having a name game for all fur-ends to share how they got their names.

When mom and dad met me at the shelter they met me as Bramble. What were they thinking you ask? I don't know I've asked myself that question many times. Since I didn't like the name I never responded it so the one of the volunteers told my 'rents that they could change my name because "I wasn't used to it" teehee. Mom and dad were throwing around ideas the whole ride home and nothing. They felt bad for calling me "hey you" and everything they were coming up with was overdone or boring so they decided to try another language. Daddy is from Galicia, Spain where they have a Portuguese dialect so he mentioned that black in Galician is pronounced Charneca. At first mom thought it sounded like charcoal but little by little it started growing on all of us so they decided to change the c for a k so I can be unique and that was that. Why cheeto Charneka you ask? Well this is a little embarrassing but you're all my friends so I know you won't judge me. My parents "claim" that when I sleep that I "smell" like cheetos the yummy cheese chips. I don't believe I just think that they can't come up with any other faults about me because I'm such a good girl that this is the best they can come up with. I let them get away with it because it makes them giggle and sniff me while I'm sleeping so I sneak in some snuggles. 
Some of my nicknames are: Charne, cheeto, stinker, beby, snuggle monster, stop licking me, bebychona, the best thing that's ever happened to us, no one invited you on the couch, baby girl, snugbug & did you just fart.  

2 comments:

  1. I think you have a lovely and unique name! Most Greyhound feet smell like Fritos, so don't worry about the Cheeto thing!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love your name, Cheeto Charneka! And we love all of your nicknames, too; especially "the best thing that's ever happened to us." That one is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete